Reading • Writing • Arithmetic
Hello, my name is Casey Seijas (pronounced "Sey-jes" or "Sey-haas," either way is cool by me). I love sandwiches, loud music, Major League Baseball, various nerdy crap, my fiancée, Valerie, and my dog, Oakley. I was born and raised in central Florida, lived in New York City for 10 years, and currently reside in Minneapolis.
SEARCH SPECIALIST - Campbell Mithun/Compass Point Media, Minneapolis, MN
Apr 2012 - Present
• Plan, launch and manage day-to-day budget pacing and optimization for SEM and Social Media marketing campaigns.
• Work with in-house and IPG-conglomerate creatives building and establishing search engine optimized content and metadata for microsites promoting new products and events.
• Monitor site traffic via Google Analytics and other third-party software (Marin, SEOmoz, Raventools, etc.) and provide detailed client-facing reports.
• Develop seasonal and promotional copy for SEM and social media campaigns.
• Assist in management of MyBlogSpark, General Mills' blogger outreach program.
• Support digital team in developing search campaigns for RFIs/RFPs.
• Clients Include: Chipotle, SuperValu, General Mills, Popeye's Louisiana Kitchen, S[edition] Art, Eaton, Frontier Communications
DIGITAL MEDIA SPECIALIST & MANAGER - Freelance, Minneapolis, MN & New York, NY
July 2010 - Present
• Build, develop and manage emerging/digital media outlets (blogs, digital storefronts, e-newsletters, digital magazines, etc.) including social media extensions, marketing materials and executive summaries.
• Work within a variety Content Management Systems utilizing up-to-date SEO techniques and metadata.
• Graphic design and image manipulation.
• Research and implement new avenues of online communication.
• Track analytics and generate reports.
• Article/content writing and editing.
• Clients Include: IGN/UGO.com, ESPN The Magazine, MPLS.TV, City Pages, The Onion A.V. Club: Twin Cities Edition, MTV News, Aol/Huffington Post, Hearst, Wizard World Inc., Com.x Publishing, Heavy.com, Torjman Properties
SEO/SEM/SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER - Excelcycle.com, Excelsior, MN
Dec 2011 - Apr 2012
• Responsible for all SEO, SEM and SMM for excelcycle.com (a road cycling specialty e-commerce digital storefront).
• Oversee monthly Google AdWords campaigns and social media outreach initiatives.
• Analytics tracking and reporting (Google Analytics, Raventools, etc.)
• Developed brand pages for Twitter and Google+, optimized Facebook and local search.
MANAGING EDITOR, PRINT & DIGITAL MEDIA - Wizard Entertainment, New York, NY
Jan 2009 - July 2010
• Set and maintained schedules, procedures and budgets for all aspects of digital and print publication.
• Planned and executed the launch and day-to-day operation of GeekChicDaily.com (now NerdistNews.com), a daily marketing/entertainment e-newsletter covering pop culture, merchandise and events.
• Scheduled and managed GCD’s content management system, analytics and social media extensions including Twitter and Facebook. Brokered exclusive content and cross-promotion with various publishers, merchandisers and online retailers. Helped establish GCD’s base of 320,000 unique subscribers.
• Supervised hiring processes and development of both in-house and freelance staff for Wizard and GCD.
• Assisted both the Editor-in-Chief and Features Editor with magazine copy and content editing and writing, as well as finalized proofs for pre-press and co-managed monthly operating budgets.
• Created and art/content directed marketing and solicitation materials for trade catalogs and web-based promotions.
EDITOR, MTV NEWS - MTV Networks, New York, NY
Aug 2008 - Jan 2009
• Launched and established the overall tone and direction for MTV.com’s “Splash Page” blog along with its social media extensions.
• Oversaw, generated and tracked (via Google Analytics) daily workflow and content, including link posts and features, as well as recruiting and management of freelance contributor staff.
• Managed CMS, wrote content and copy edited posts; prepped and coded digital art files for web.
• Brokered exclusive content with major publishers and film/television studios.
• Continued on as a freelancer until 2010.
ASSOCIATE EDITOR, VERTIGO/DC COMICS - Warner Bros. Entertainment, New York, NY
Oct 2004 - July 2008
• Obtained, developed and story/copy edited a variety of award-winning original graphic novels and monthly periodicals for Vertigo Books, an imprint of DC Entertainment.
• Managed international creative teams of established writers and artists on several books; also worked closely with various internal departments, including pre-press, design, marketing, publicity, accounting and editorial administration.
• Developed unique marketing, publicity and solicitation materials and events for each individual project, including catalog copy, signing events, contests, and web-based promotions.
• Editor: SENTENCES: THE LIFE OF MF GRIMM, HELLBLAZER, AMERICAN VIRGIN, LOVELESS
STAFF WRITER - Wizard Entertainment, Congers, NY
July 1999 - July 2004
• Wrote full-length features, breaking news stories and creative writing pieces for Wizard Magazine and its sister publications ToyFare, Toy Wishes and special/seasonal one-shot publications.
• Headed Wizard Entertainment's ACE Edition imprint, which reprinted and repackaged classic single issues of comic books.
• Served as company representative/point person for conglomerates including Warner Bros., 20th Century Fox, Sony Pictures and others.
FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY
1995 - 1999
B.A., English & Communication